- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar)
- These ingredients are optional and highly recommended: 1 TBS Brown Sugar (or honey, or your favorite natural sweetener) I like to use Coconut Palm Sugar because it is low glycemic and adds a subtle sweetness to my baking and is perfect for coffee or tea) Also optional are salt, garlic powder, rosemary and other fave spices/herbs
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius)
- Separate the eggs, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- In the second bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder (or cream of tartar if you prefer, I just didn’t like the taste of cream of tartar) to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy, form a nice peaks and hold their peaks. It should look something like this:
(Update 1) Please read carefully, because I received a handful of comments that the “breads” didn’t come out right from the first try. As you read through directions, you need to remember that the KEY to success to this recipe is you need to fluff up your egg whites to stiff peaks. It takes about 5 minutes using electric hand mixer. The one that I use is Hamilton Beach . If you look at different options try to get the one that looks like an iron. It has a storage compartment that serves as a storage for mixer’s tools and a stand.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: thebigapplemama.com