- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients on the box: eggs, oil, water (or milk)
- 1 jar sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- For the whipped cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Strawberry Nesquick powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Hot fudge sauce
- Maraschino cherries
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the cake according to the instructions on the box, combining the cake mix with eggs, vegetable oil, water (or substitute milk for water). Beat the mixture on medium speed until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done. Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over top of the cake and allow the cake to cool completely and absorb the sweetened condensed milk.
- For the whipped cream: Put the bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get them really cold (this step is optional, but is a common practice I use).
- In the cold mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add the strawberry Nesquick powder and the powdered sugar and increase the speed to medium high. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over the top of cake. You can top your cake with a chocolate drizzle, cherries and sprinkles. This cake must stay refrigerated.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: beyondfrosting.com