- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6-7 large ears)
- 1 8-ounce package light cream cheese
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Colman’s dry mustard
- Cut corn kernels from the cob (see this easy method) and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt cream cheese and butter, and stir to combine. Add milk, sugar, salt, white pepper, nutmeg and mustard, stirring again to combine.
- Add corn kernels to the pot with the cream cheese mixture and stir to coat. Pour entire mixture into a small slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours (be careful not to overcook – the fresh corn kernels will lose their tenderness if overcooked).
- Remove about 1¼ cups of the cooked mixture and place in a deep bowl. Using an immersion blender, pulse until the corn has been slightly pureed. Pour the pureed mixture back into the corn mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: afamilyfeast.com