- 2 whole wheat sandwich thins, I used Oroweat, see shopping tips
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese, see shopping tips
- 2 teaspoons reduced sugar blueberry preserves, see shopping tips
- ½ cup fresh blueberries or frozen and thawed, sliced in half
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light spread
- ½ teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1. Spread the bottom inside piece of each sandwich thin with 1 tablespoon cream cheese. On top of cream cheese, spread 1 teaspoon blueberry preserves on each. Place ¼ cup sliced blueberries on top of preserves on each. Top each with the remaining sandwich thin to create a sandwich.
2. Add the egg white to a shallow bowl. Dip both sandwiches into the egg white, making sure to coat both sides.
3. Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Melt 1 teaspoon reduced-fat butter and swirl around bottom of pan. Add 2 sandwiches, cook about 2½ to 3 minutes on medium-high heat, until golden brown. Using a spatula, turn over and cook the undersides for about 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
4. Sprinkle top of each with powdered sugar. Plate each and serve with a fork and knife.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: 78recipes.com