- For the shrimp:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds of shrimp , peeled, deveined and tails removed
- chili powder and salt to taste
- For the mango salsa:
- 1 cup of mango , finely diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper , finely diced
- 1/2 of a jalapeno pepper , minced (remove seeds and ribs to make it milder)
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves , finely chopped
- For the creamy cilantro lime sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream (can use light)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves , roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup prepared green salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- For the shrimp: Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large pan. Season both sides of the shrimp with chili powder and salt to taste. Place the shrimp in a single layer in the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes per side, until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- For the mango salsa: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add salt to taste. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, up to 4 hours.
- For the creamy cilantro sauce: Place all ingredients in the food processor; process until sauce is smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve: Warm the tortillas. Add a spoonful of sauce, a handful of cabbage and place the shrimp on top of the cabbage. Top with mango salsa and serve immediately.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: dinneratthezoo.com