- 3 cups of peeled and cubed yellow potatoes.
- 3 tbsps of butter.
- 1 small sweet chopped onion.
- 3 tbsps of all-purpose flour.
- 3 cups of milk.
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 cup of diced ham.
- 1 tsp of salt.
- 1 tsp of pepper.
- Boil the potatoes in a stock pot until desired tenderness then drain off the water reserving 1 cup for later use.
Melt the butter in a small pan and sauté the onion.
Now add the onion, butter and flour to the stock pot and stir to mix together over low heat. Keep stirring until you get the thickness desired then remove from the heat.
Now mix in the potatoes, milk, the cup of liquid, cheese and ham to the stock pot stir to mix and simmer over medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes stirring from time to time until it thickens.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: 78recipes.com