- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup farro
- 1 cup shallots, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 sprigs thyme, + extra thyme for garnish
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken chopped into bite sized pieces
- Shaved parmesan for garnish
- Place the farro in a dutch oven or large pot.
- Cover with the chicken stock. Allow to soak while prepping other ingredients.
- Add shallots, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper to the dutch oven.
- Bring to a slow boil and then turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 25 minutes uncovered, while stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- The broth should be absorbed, if it is not cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place into bowl and garnish with shaved parmesan and additional thyme.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: withtwospoons.com