- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Besan 1/4 cup or little less
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Red chili powder – 1 tspn
- Garam masala – pinch
- Ajwain 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tspn
- Dry/fresh methi leaves – 1/2 cup
- Oil fir frying
- Optional – Sesame – 1 tspn
- Take wheat flour. Add besan, salt, haldi, red chilly powder, heeng, jeera ajwain and garam masala to it. Mix well with hands.
- Add optional items like sesame at this point and mix all again.
- Add dry/fresh methi leaves. Add oil as moyan to it. Rub well with both hands .
- Now add little water and knead the flour tightly. Dough should not be too hard nor too soft.
- Heat Oil in kadai for frying.
- Meanwhile, take dough. Take small balls of equal size from it and roll between palms. Roll each ball into round poories.
- When oil becomes hot, lower the flame to medium. Now deep fry the methi pooris.
- When fried from both sides, drain excess oil and serve hot with chutney/achaar/curd/raita.
- In case if you are too health conscious, then make this poori as paratha poori on tawa with little or no oil just like thepla or go for khakra style.
- These Methi pooris can be had as snack item as well as part of a full coarse menu. It can be eaten hot as well tastes good when cooled. Good for picnics, outing, travelling.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: zaykakatadka.com