- 1 pound crabmeat
- 2 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pick the crab meat to remove any remaining pieces of shell.
Pick bread into small pieces and place in medium-size bowl with crabmeat. Add egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Old Bay seasoning ™. Mix ingredients by hand to avoid overworking the crabmeat, you want to keep the lumps of meat as much as possible. Form into patties; this should make 6 good-size cakes.
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet, then fry cakes for about 4 minutes each side or until brown crust forms on both sides of the crab cake.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: allrecipes.com