- 2sprigs fresh thyme
- 2sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2sprigs fresh sage
- 2sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 1cup chicken broth
- 40cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4lbs whole chickens
- 2stalks celery, sliced
- 1loaf French bread, sliced
- Place 1 sprig thyme, rosemary, sage and parsley in chicken cavity.
- Place celery in crock pot.
- Put chicken on top of celery.
- Pour chicken stock around the chicken.
- Add garlic around chicken.
- Chop remaining herbs. Sprinkle herbs, salt and pepper over chicken.
- Cover cook on Low 8- 10 hours or on High 4- 6 hours.
- To serve, place chicken, garlic and celery on serving platter.
- Squeeze roasted garlic out of skins onto toasted French bread slices and spread with knife.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: geniuskitchen.com