- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14 oz.)
- 1 can red enchilada sauce (10 oz.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
- 4 flour tortillas, cut in half
- *Brown beef with onion and garlic. Add tomatoes, enchilada sauce and cumin. Bring to a boil and then turn down to low and simmer for 20 minutes. In a separate bowl, combine egg and cottage cheese. In a 9X13 pan, spread 1/2 of the meat sauce. Layer with 1/2 of cheese, 1/2 of tortillas and 1/2 of cottage cheese. Repeat layers and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes covered with foil and 15 minutes uncovered.
*A couple of our kids didn’t like the tomato chunks, so next time I might try tomato sauce or tomato soup in the meat mixture.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: 78recipes.com