- 4 cup granulated sugar
- 12 Tbsp instant pectin
- 4 cups peaches peeled, pitted and finely chopped [Approximately 8 medium]
- 2 cup fresh pineapple ½-inch chunks
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp pure almond extract
- 6  oz jars or plastic freezer containers
- In a clean medium size bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and pectin.
- Pulse the peach and pineapple chunks in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the chopped peaches,pineapple chunks, lemon juice, lemon zest and pure almond extract. Stir for 3 minutes until the sugar has completely dissolved. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Ladle into the clean jars or plastic containers leaving ½-inch of head space. Wipe clean and seal tightly.
- Let sit for 24 hours on the counter.
- Use immediately storing chilled for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year.
NOTESContainers with straight sides work best for freezing.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: melissassouthernstylekitchen.com