- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon each – chili powder and cumin
- 1 teaspoon each – turmeric and garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- dash of each -cinnamon and cayenne (to taste)
- 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas
- 2 14-ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- mint, parsley, cilantro
- yogurt or hummus
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- toasted pita wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; saute until soft. Add the garlic, spices, salt, and chickpeas – stir until very fragrant. Add the tomatoes (undrained) and simmer for 20 minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
- Chop the cucumber, cook the couscous, and mince the herbs. Arrange bowls with desired amounts of all ingredients. Voila!
NOTESThese are also very delicious as burritos. I am not joking. Wrap all those fillings up inside a large, warmed flour tortilla and be amazed.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: pinchofyum.com