- 1 cup of whole milk.
- 6 slices of white bread.
- 2 pounds of ground beef.
- 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- ¼ tsp of seasoned salt.
- ¾ tsp of salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- ½ cup of minced flat leaf Parsley.
- 4 whole beaten eggs.
- 10 slices of thin/regular bacon.
- You’ll Need (for the sauce):
- 1-½ cup of ketchup.
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar.
- 1 tsp of dry mustard.
- Tabasco to taste.
- In a large bowl, pour the milk over the bread slices and set aside.
Once the bread slices are soaked, add the ground beef, parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper and parsley then pour the eggs and mix until all combined.
Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan. (line the pan with foil).
Over the top, lay the bacon slices and tuck them underneath the meatloaf.
Prepare the sauce in a mixing bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and hot sauce. Pour the ⅓ of the sauce over the bacon.
In a preheated oven to 350°, bake for 45 minutes then pour another ⅓ of the sauce over the top and bake for 15 more minutes.
Slice the meatloaf and serve with the remaining sauce.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: 78recipes.com