- You’ll Need (for the cake):
- 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- 1 tsp of baking powder.
- 1 tsp of baking soda.
- ½ tsp of salt.
- ½ cup of butter at room temperature.
- 1 cup of white sugar.
- ¾ cup of apple butter.
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- ½ cpu of whole bran cereal or wheat germ.
- 1 cup of sour cream.
- 2 eggs at room temperature.
- You’ll Need (for the topping):
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- ½ tsp of ground nutmeg.
- ½ cpu of chopped pecans.
- Mix together the topping ingredients and set aside.
In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer then add in eggs one at a time. Add in apple butter, vanilla and wheat germ or bran cereal and mix together.
Add in the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream and mix until well blended.
In a greased 9×13 pan, pour half the batter, sprinkle half the topping then pour the other half of the batter and top with topping.
In a preheated oven to 350° bake for 40 minutes.
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: 78recipes.com